Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ben & Bonnie...

Hey all, hope you're all reading this, kudos to Amelia for setting this up! I hope we all use this to keep in touch. So we're doing great in NY, no complaints here in the Empire State (does that sound cool or what? Kinda reminds me of Star Wars or something). For anyone who is interested, this is our update:
Ben:
- is working full time at the Social Security Administration, writing decisions for the judges and reviewing files of SS applicants to see if they are disabled or not. He is also contemplating using his newfound knowledge of disability law to get disability benefits for himself so that he can fulfill his longtime dream of sitting around and reading random books all day.
-is also working part time at Student Legal Services and doing research for a professor
- is trying to figure out what to do for work next summer
- is handsome
-enjoys bossing the missionaries around as the ward mission leader
-just finished reading the last Harry Potter book
- enjoys talking in the third person
Bonnie:
-is beautiful and smart and funny and perfect in every way possible
-is the best wife in the world.
-is getting ready to teach seminary in the fall to the handful of kids in Syracuse
-is getting ready for classes to start again for her MPA program
Both of us:
-Caught a bat in the apartment, it was cool
-Got set apart as temple workers in the Palmyra Temple, we will work two Friday nights a month
-are NOT having a baby (yet)
-are thinking tha we will go to Seattle for Christmas and then to Utah in the Spring, so Ryan and Abby and Amelia and Tyler should all be there too
-may not have the cutest kids, but they will be the toughest
-want to go to MN for Thanksgiving, we will see...
-miss and love all of you and want to hear what's going on with you!!!!

Ben&Bonnie

3 comments:

the Pearce Place said...

So, I'm trying to decide who actually wrote that... my guess is Ben, no Bonnie, maybe both of you did???
I'm so elated and delighted that someone has responded to one of my attempts to set up a blog, let's just cross our fingers that the rest of our familiy will be technologically minded enough to figure it out! So, I thoroughly enjoyed hearing about the lives of Ben and Bonnie, I had no idea Ben was becoming so learned in the art of becoming dependant on the government. Believe me, that is something Tyler and I are definitely shooting for some day. And Bonnie- teaching seminary!!! Wow, now that is quite a calling. I'm excited to hear about that one, I assume it's early morning. And then, the issue of a bat, hmmm...maybe we don't want to come visit. (just kidding) And, also you mentioned your kids will be the toughest, well I'm anxious to see how that will work seeing as mine are not only older and bigger, but have a state champion wrestler for a dad, ok not exactly state champion, but close. :)
And hey, about thanksgiving, I know Grandma's are important to meet and everything,but in case you decide Minnesota is just too darn cold you're welcome to come to Indiana too... I can really whip up a mean turkey, I've been married for almost 5 years now, I ought to be able to!

SEE HOW FUN BLOGGING CAN BE FAMILY???

the Pearce Place said...

tyler just wanted to add, about your kids being the toughest, you may have given up hope on that since you didn't marry the big polynesian woman you were planning on marrying!

Kacher This said...

That was me, Ben, that wrote it. Do you really think that Bonnie would brag about our kids being able to beat up your kids? Anyway, we'll see about Thanksgiving. Love ya!
Ben