Sunday, August 12, 2007

NellaBelle

Hey everybody!! This last week I went to EFY in Provo, and it was pretty much amazing!! But I also had soccer try-outs that Monday and Tuesday, so a bit rough too. But it all worked out!!!
At EFY Lauren and I roomed together, and the room to our right there were two girls from my soccer team, and in the room to the left were three girls from my school, so that was pretty fun. My counselor's name was Kirsten, and she was awesome!! She pretty much let us do just about anything we wanted, and really didn't care if we stayed up late talking, as long as our lights were out and her head counselor thing didn't notice. There were a lot of cute boys in my company :D, so that was definitely good, and for the most part pretty talkative. The dances were probably my favorite part (other than the testimony meeting), and I've decided that when i take over the world all dances are going to be like the ones at BYU.
My company's testimony meeting was the coolest one I've ever been to. There were two friends in our company, Jeff and Sam, and we didn't know it, but Jeff wasn't LDS. So at the testimony meeting when Sam bore his testimony, he started crying, and then when Jeff bore his testimony he talked about how he wasn't a member yet, but he wanted to be one, and at that point Sam just started sobbing. Everybody was crying, but then it was weird because it seemed like everybody was so happy, that we all started to laugh! It was really cool because it wasn't like a drive-away-the-spirit laugh, but just like a sort of so-incredibly-happy-that-you-can't-hold-it-in laugh. It was really cool.
My other favorite part was the classes. There was one teacher in particular who everybody LOVED. His name was Brother Bowman, and he wrote these children's books called 'Who's Your Hero?'. You probably don't recognize the name, but if you saw one you would recognize it. They were about the Book of Mormon heroes. I couldn't say exactly what it was, but he was an awesome teacher.
But I think that one of the coolest moments was at the fireside Friday night when we all sang the EFY Medley together, and the girls finished their part, and all the guys started singing. I don't know what it was, it was just really really cool.
And I guess that's it... Hope to see you all soon!!
Lalu!!
NellaBelle :D

1 comment:

the Pearce Place said...

Nellie-
You win the blog prize for the week. That was a great update on your week at EFY, that's amazing the two friends. I wonder if theone will join the church, will you be able to find out? You have a lot of years of BYU dances ahead of you, if you decide to go to BYU- there all the same.
Please get some pictures of those cute boys!!!
lalu Nelle elle est Belle
:)