Sunday, August 12, 2007

La Famille PEARCE




Hey Everyone,
So I hope by now everyone has at least glanced at our new family blog, if this is your first time, make sure you keep scrolling all the way down the page so that you can see what everyone has posted. It may even require clicking on older posts to see Ben and Bonnie's. I'm sure you'll all get the hang of it. Also, another thing to remember- we can leave comments for eachother's posts. I have left a few, so make sure you click on the comments button at the end of a post to read these comments.
WE still need to hear updates from Ryan and Abby, Josh, Zach, Nellie and MOM!!! So, fill us in on the happenings of your lives.

As for us, we are loving it here, I have been amazed at the number of people who have so quickly reached out to us. We feel like we have wonderful friends that we have known all of our lives, already! One couple who have two kids, just like us, and who is also starting an Emergency Medicine residency, live just a mile away from us. So, we have switched babysitting which meant me and Tyler got to see 'The Bourne Ultimatum' last night at the movie theatre! I don't think we've ever once gone to a movie, just the two of us. Now, that's an exciting movie.

Mikaela is truly a little princess here in Indiana, she is growing up right before my eyes. And that is totally true, she will be starting preschool in a couple weeks just with a bunch of moms that will switch off teaching it. She continuously talks about the baby sister that is in my tummy. I guess she really is growing up to be just like me!

And our little man Kacher loves to climb the stairs, eats just like his dad eats- meaning he hunches over his highchair tray and stuffs everything he can see into his mouth at one time without hesitating to breathe, talk, nothing---- His cheeks puff out like a little chipmunk they get so full. He is as handsome as can be. He has formed a bad habit of picking the cotton stuffing out of his carseat and eating it anytime we put him in the car! And, unfortunately, I have no way of stopping him while I am driving. What a guy. He officially crawls now as of a month ago, rather than does his army scoot. And as you will see in the pictures later on, he can climb all the way to the top of our slide.

Tyler is not around much, he is on call every 4th night, which means he stays at the hospital for about 30 hours straight. Which means me, Mikaela, and Kacher get lots and lots of bonding time. RIght now he is in the newborn baby unit, checking on the newborn babies and moms all day. He finished a month in the emergency room and has some great stories to add to his list of crazy experiences. Some of them, you'll have to just ask him to tell you, I don't think I should post them on here. He is tired, but very happy with his choice to do both ER and pediatrics. He is a real doctor now, with his own patients, making his own decisions. He hasn't killed anyone yet, so he must be doing something right!

I am somehow staying extremely busy, it seems like every day we are off somewhere- to the library, a friends house, running, to the park, or watering our garden. I have found a great group to run with and we are training for the Indianapolis half marathon in October. I'm actually training for a specific time, meaning we're doing sprint workouts, hills, distance runs-all of it- I'm not sure what that time is yet though. I'll let you know!

Tyler's brothers are coming out this weekend to see us, and his parents are coming in October. SO, we're going to need some Kachers to come see us to represent our side of the family!!!

Love you all
Amelia

1 comment:

Kacher This said...

That's awesome!! Honey just convince Dad to fly me out, and I'll come gladly!! Love you!!
NellaBelle