Sunday, August 26, 2007

mom, finally

Hi everyone,
Sorry it took me so long. I really enjoy reading what everyone writes, and I know my life isn't that boring, but I really can't think of anything to write.....
We're quite busy working on the house, making decisions, and stuff, but half of you really don't want to hear about it so I guess one day you'll be surprised to find that we have moved.
It's been a wonderful summer, and as always, it has gone way too fast. Tomorrow I start into a week of faculty meetings and then school starts the next week (with Swiss Days in between)
I pulled up my rolls and I have 9 guys (of 25 students) in my 140 class and 4 guys of 25 in my 240 class! I've never seen so many guys in a modern class. Josh tells me that I have a "hot chile pepper" on my "rate my professor.com" listing. So I'm wondering if when they come the first day and see that I am actually the oldest grandma in the whole department they'll drop out!
I had a nice little miracle. The 326 class that I was scheduled to teach didn't fill up so they have cancelled it! It couldn't have happened during a better semester! The other classes I teach are easy to get a substitute for, but this one really gets messed up with a substitute. So now we can plan a trip back East to see Amelia, Ben and families!!

Zach received the Mechezedic Priesthood today!! It was really a special time. We wish Ben and Tyler could have stood in on the ordination, but we were grateful to have Ryan and Josh there. Also, our bishop came. Zach is a great kid and we are so proud of him.

Josh brought a bunch of his school buddies up for dinner too and along with Ryan and Abby here it was a wonderful Sunday!!

We love you all, and we are so proud of all of you. Good luck to all of you as (we) start a new school year!
love,
mom

No comments: